Search this site
Getting acquainted with OrangeScape
* What is cloud computing?
* SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
* Introducing OrangeScape
Getting started with OrangeScape
* Understanding system requirements
* Getting accounts on OrangeScape Trial Studio and Google App Engine
* Creating an application on OrangeScape Trial Studio
* Creating an application on Google App Engine
* Having fun till things don't work!
Knowing just enough about OrangeScape
* A brief tour of OrangeScape Trial Studio
* Developing applications the OrangeScape way
* Deploying an application on Google App Engine from Studio
* Exploring the template application deployed on Google App Engine
* Introducing the example “online custom tee design” application
* Introduction to data modeling
* Data modeling - Example application
* Exploring design perspective
* Creating folders to organize your data models
* Creating a new data model, adding parameters and saving your model
* Understanding relationships
* Establishing relationships between models
* Trying your hand at creating a data model - An exercise
* Things to remember - Design perspective
* Writing business rules
* Exploring rules perspective
* Creating public cells
* Styles & Alignment
* Making models visible
* Saving your model
* Creating static lists
* Connect as reference
* Connect with criteria
* Connect as formula reference
* Functions and Business Rules
* User interface design
* Exploring form design perspective
* Application properties
* Form design - Applying styles
* Creating your own styles
* Performing validations
* Defining messages
* Specifying permissions
* Creating a simple form
* Creating a new form
* Working with form grids
* Adding form elements
* Performing form field validations
* Previewing forms
* Renaming Forms
* Setting user access privileges
* Implementing queue filter
* Adding form to menus
* Deploying category form
* Creating a parent-child form
* Creating product form
* Adding product colour child to the product form
* Adding product size child to the form
* Creating process flow for product
*Implementing queue filter
* Adding buttons to invoke actions
* Deploying product form
* Designing forms depending on workflow process
* Creating Order form
* Understanding and defining a workflow
* Reviewing the process flow of the deployed template application
* Exploring process design perspective
* Establishing workflows for order process - An exercise
* Activity Vs Action
* Reviewing the actions in the template application
* Exploring action design perspective
* Defining the actions for order process
* Adding actions to order forms
* Specifying permissions
* Deploying order forms
* Understanding users and roles
* Built-in user management and other administrator screens
* First time login
* Configuring users and user roles - Example application
* Validating the deployed application
* Customer form and process
* Category form and process
* Product form and process
* Order forms and process
* Need for reports
* Exploring reports perspective
* Creating a simple report
* Using "User Input" filter
* Using "Master Lookup" filter
* Using multiple filters
* Using "Formula" filter
* Report configuration - Admin
* Using "Cell" filter
* Using "Value" filter
HTML Forms Perspective
* Exploring HTML forms perspective
* Custom category form
* Custom customer form
* Custom product form
* Adding custom forms to menus
OrangeScape Advanced Features
Getting your application out there - Implementation
* Running applications - Where & How?
* Integrating applications
Stop getting up to speed and speed things up
* Understanding system models - What, Why, How?
* Leveraging web services
OrangeScape Best Practices
Knowing the best ways to design/implement
* A quick recap
* Development Guidelines
* Performance considerations
* Troubleshooting performance
* Implementing queue filter
Implementing queue filter
The gadget spec URL could not be found
Navigating to queue design perspective
Click on the "Switch Queue" icon in the form design perspective.
Queue Design Perspective
A grid linked to the user form is displayed.
How can I confirm?
Select the cell A1 as shown in the screen capture. The current model name "User" will be displayed on the widget. Also, the user model fields will be listed in the named cell widget.
Did you know?
Every data model is connected to the user model.
Category data model grid form is displayed. By default, "S.No", "SheetName", "CreatedAt", "CreatedBy" and "ModifiedBy" fields will be configured. These can be changed as required.
Implementing category list queue
The following fields must be displayed in the category list.
Last updated by
A goto link
Enter the display label for the above fields in row 1 as shown in the screen capture.
Select cell (B2) below the "category code" display field as shown in the screen capture.
Include the category code label field using the named cell widget.
Select cell (B3) below the "category description" display field as shown in the screen capture.
Include the category description label field using the named cell widget.
Select cell (B4) below the "last updated by" display field as shown in the screen capture.
Include the ModifiedBy label field using the named cell widget.
Adding navigation buttons and links
By default, a link to the default form is added to the "S.No" field.
You can also add a "Goto" button using the actions widget. Select the cell where the button must be added.
Click on the actions widget to view the available actions. Click on the "gotolink" action button.
"Properties" dialog box will be displayed.
Configure the target destination by selecting the required form from the dropdown list for "Goto Editor".
Click on the "Done" button to configure the goto link.
What's the next step?
Adding forms to menus.
Recent Site Activity