Search this site
Getting acquainted with OrangeScape
* What is cloud computing?
* SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
* Introducing OrangeScape
Getting started with OrangeScape
* Understanding system requirements
* Getting accounts on OrangeScape Trial Studio and Google App Engine
* Creating an application on OrangeScape Trial Studio
* Creating an application on Google App Engine
* Having fun till things don't work!
Knowing just enough about OrangeScape
* A brief tour of OrangeScape Trial Studio
* Developing applications the OrangeScape way
* Deploying an application on Google App Engine from Studio
* Exploring the template application deployed on Google App Engine
* Introducing the example “online custom tee design” application
* Introduction to data modeling
* Data modeling - Example application
* Exploring design perspective
* Creating folders to organize your data models
* Creating a new data model, adding parameters and saving your model
* Understanding relationships
* Establishing relationships between models
* Trying your hand at creating a data model - An exercise
* Things to remember - Design perspective
* Writing business rules
* Exploring rules perspective
* Creating public cells
* Styles & Alignment
* Making models visible
* Saving your model
* Creating static lists
* Connect as reference
* Connect with criteria
* Connect as formula reference
* Functions and Business Rules
* User interface design
* Exploring form design perspective
* Application properties
* Form design - Applying styles
* Creating your own styles
* Performing validations
* Defining messages
* Specifying permissions
* Creating a simple form
* Creating a new form
* Working with form grids
* Adding form elements
* Performing form field validations
* Previewing forms
* Renaming Forms
* Setting user access privileges
* Implementing queue filter
* Adding form to menus
* Deploying category form
* Creating a parent-child form
* Creating product form
* Adding product colour child to the product form
* Adding product size child to the form
* Creating process flow for product
*Implementing queue filter
* Adding buttons to invoke actions
* Deploying product form
* Designing forms depending on workflow process
* Creating Order form
* Understanding and defining a workflow
* Reviewing the process flow of the deployed template application
* Exploring process design perspective
* Establishing workflows for order process - An exercise
* Activity Vs Action
* Reviewing the actions in the template application
* Exploring action design perspective
* Defining the actions for order process
* Adding actions to order forms
* Specifying permissions
* Deploying order forms
* Understanding users and roles
* Built-in user management and other administrator screens
* First time login
* Configuring users and user roles - Example application
* Validating the deployed application
* Customer form and process
* Category form and process
* Product form and process
* Order forms and process
* Need for reports
* Exploring reports perspective
* Creating a simple report
* Using "User Input" filter
* Using "Master Lookup" filter
* Using multiple filters
* Using "Formula" filter
* Report configuration - Admin
* Using "Cell" filter
* Using "Value" filter
HTML Forms Perspective
* Exploring HTML forms perspective
* Custom category form
* Custom customer form
* Custom product form
* Adding custom forms to menus
OrangeScape Advanced Features
Getting your application out there - Implementation
* Running applications - Where & How?
* Integrating applications
Stop getting up to speed and speed things up
* Understanding system models - What, Why, How?
* Leveraging web services
OrangeScape Best Practices
Knowing the best ways to design/implement
* A quick recap
* Development Guidelines
* Performance considerations
* Troubleshooting performance
* Create orders
The gadget spec URL could not be found
The first step in our order process is order creation. Orders are created by call center sales representatives using the "CreateOrder" form. The newly created orders are marked as open orders.
: "CreateOrder" form
: Default queue
Next activity trigger
: "Create Order" button in the form
Configuring "Draft" workflow activity
Select the "Start" workflow activity.
Rename this workflow activity as "Draft" by updating the value in the Namebox.
Only the call center sales representatives team must be able to create product orders.
Add the call center sales team mail id "email@example.com" in the formula bar.
Select the queue and form that must be used for accessing the order instances in the "Draft" workflow activity.
Click on the queue tab to open the queue design perspective.
Implementing queue list
By default, "S.No", "SheetName", "CreatedAt", "CreatedBy" and "ModifiedBy" fields will be displayed in the queue.
Configure the queue to display Order ID, Customer Name, Phone, Email and Modified On.
Edit the header display fields by selecting the cell and updating the display name.
Insert the labels for the above mentioned display fields using the named cell widget.
What's the next step?
Configure "Open" workflow activity.
Recent Site Activity